Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

A little bit of history...

In August of 2010, I realized I was tired of being fat. I was tired of a lot of things about my life honestly. But one of the biggest issues I had was my weight. That is when I began my weight loss journey. Today, I am 107 pounds lighter than my heaviest weight (about 240 pounds). 

Now, I eat according to a paleo/primal lifestyle. Like a cave man (errrr...woman!). I believe that anyone that REALLY wants to lose weight, can. The only thing that stops us is...ourselves. Eating paleo has made me feel better, not only physically, but mentally. It has helped me maintain my weight loss and not see the pounds creeping back on. It has given me more energy. It has changed my relationship with food. To be honest, it has liberated me. 

So, this blog is really just my way to chronicle meals I make and to hopefully help at least one person that is on their journey to a healthier lifestyle. Another thing I hope to accomplish is to show others that eating paleo on a budget is NOT impossible. A lot of people feel eating paleo is so much more expensive, but it doesn't HAVE to be.

I hope whoever happens across this blog will find it helpful in some way. :)

 The above picture is my dad, my daughter, and myself. I was about 240 pounds there.
 This picture was taken after my first big drop of weight, I was about 155 in this picture.
 This picture...I was about 145.
And this picture...with the love of my life (!!)...I was about 140. I've lost some more weight since then, but don't have any good recent full length shots! I guess it's time to take some!

2 comments:

  1. Your transformation is AMAZING!!!! Huge congrats to you! You look FABULOUS!!! Can't wait to follow you on your continuing journey and yeppp, the recipes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eva! I'm going to try to post my dinner recipes every day...about to post one now!

    ReplyDelete